Skip to main content

Women don’t need marriage to be fulfilled —Yeni Kuti

 Women can be happy without getting married, said Yeni Kuti

Yeni Kuti

Contrary to popular belief, a woman does not necessarily need to be married in order to feel whole or fulfilled, according to Yeni, a former dancer and the daughter of afrobeat musician Fela Kuti.

She stated, "I think women have become more independent and now know who they are," in an interview with Saturday Beats. They now understand that being married is not a requirement to "be somebody" (fulfilled or complete). They now understand that they are unique individuals. It's a terrific thing for me. These days, women marry for the right reasons rather than just to be called someone's wife.

Yeni added that she had no advantages growing up because of her father's name. She Because we were Fela's children back then, she claimed, "I did not receive any privileges."

When asked if she had access to them as an adult, she responded, "No, I did not. When I was older than 30, my father felt sorry for me and got my sister and I a television. However, as I was already employed at the time, I could afford to buy a TV for myself.

"My father was not a child spoiled. The best treatment we received as kids back then was a set of chopper bikes, and my mother had to negotiate on our behalf before we got them.

She remarked of the reforms she would like to see in the nation: "I want a leader that truly cares about Nigeria. I like a leader who constantly takes the needs of the people into account rather than one who is self-centered.

Yeni replied, "I don't know. I don't know what influences my style. I simply dress appropriately. I believe I inherited my passion of stylish clothing from my late father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Name tag

 

Power generation drops, Discos, FG battle for control

 Dropping power generation, discos and FG fighting for control An intense conflict has developed between the Discos and the government as a result of Fidelity Bank's planned acquisition of three power distribution businesses and the Federal Government's restructuring of two further companies. Through the Bureau for Public Enterprise, the Federal Government is supporting Fidelity Bank's acquisition of the three Discos. Findings reveal that Discos have continued to file new lawsuits in an effort to avoid being taken over by the government and the bank. Power sector specialists have praised and criticized both parties in response to the development, which has divided industry players. It was noted on Monday that electricity generation on the national grid fell by around 141.3 megawatts as compared to what was recorded on the system on July 9, 2022, despite the fact that industry stakeholders expressed a variety of opinions on the trend. According to data our reporter got from ...

News

 IGP lauds electorate, security operatives in Ekiti Usman Baba, the Inspector-General of Police, has praised the electorate, police officers, and other security personnel who helped secure the governorship election in Ekiti State. Baba praised the electorates in Ekiti State for collaborating with the Nigeria Police Force and other security agencies throughout the election, according to Muyiwa Adejobi, the Force Police Public Relations Officer. "The IGP praised the efforts of the police officers deployed for the polls under the direct supervision of the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of election security, DIG Johnson Kokumo, who hailed the peaceful conduct of the elections," he added. "According to the IGP, the police personnel acted professionally and humanely, establishing trust with the people, andIn a similar vein, Adejobi stated that the Police Service Commission, which supervised the election, affirmed that it was peaceful and orderly. According to a s...